Charter of Budget Honesty Policy Costing Guidelines
The Charter of Budget Honesty Policy Costing Guidelines outline the process for submitting and preparing policy costings during the caretaker period prior to a general election.
News & Events
- New Government Air Travel Services Panel
The Department of Finance on behalf of the Commonwealth, has established a new panel to provide international and domestic air travel for the Australian Government.
- Final Bids for the Right to Operate the ASIC Registry
The Government has commenced the final bid phase of the ASIC Registry Competitive Tender Process.
- 2016-17 Portfolio Budget Statements.
The 2016-17 Portfolio Budget Statements guidance was issued on 4 March 2016.
- 2016 Australian Government ICT Awards - Nominations now open
Nominations are open now and will close 11.00 pm (AESDT) on Monday 29 February 2016. The Awards will be presented at the CeBIT Gala Dinner and Awards in Sydney on Tuesday 3 May 2016.
- Discussion Paper – Shared and Common Services Programme
The Discussion Paper seeks the views of interested parties on the most effective and efficient way to consolidate shared and common service delivery in a manner that represents value for money to Government.
- Mythbusters - Does the Government waste money in June?
Data shows no June spending spree
- Indigenous business gets a lift with new procurement guidelines
The Government has released the new Indigenous Procurement Policy guidelines which take effect from 1 July 2015. The policy aims to stimulate Indigenous entrepreneurship and business development, providing Indigenous Australians with more opportunities to participate in the economy.
- Enhancing the Commonwealth Performance Framework – PGPA Rule and Guidance
The amendment to the PGPA Rule has been registered and guidance on the enhanced Commonwealth performance framework is now available.
- Whole of Australian Government Travel Services Exhibition
The Department of Finance is holding a Travel Exhibition on 2 July 2015 for Australian Government officials at the National Convention Centre to showcase the products and services of suppliers contracted under the Whole of Australian Government (WoAG) Travel Arrangements.
- Finance Staff Support Communities@Work Food Rescue in 2015
Staff at the Department of Finance have nominated the Communities@Work Food Rescue service as their inaugural flagship charity for 2015.
- Australian Government Organisations Register (AGOR)
The searchable Register provides information on the function, composition, origins and other details of approximately 1,200 Australian Government bodies. The Register replaces the List of Government Bodies and Governance Relationships, which was last published in 2009.
- Efficiency through Contestability Programme webpages
Through the Contestability Programme, the Australian Government is assessing its functions to determine if performance can be improved through alternative structures, processes or provider arrangements. Contestability encourages Commonwealth entities to adopt a more commercial mindset and seek ways of improving the performance of existing or proposed government functions.
- Mid-year Economic and Fiscal Outlook 2014-15
- New Government Travel Management Services Provider
The Department of Finance on behalf of the Commonwealth, has entered into a Deed with QBT Pty Ltd for the provision of travel management services for the Australian Government. Further information is provided in the media release on the Minister for Finance website.
- Final Budget Outcome 2013-14
- 2014-15 Budget measure: Administered Programme Indexation Pause
The 2014-15 Budget includes a measure to pause the indexation of 112 programmes for three years, commencing from 1 July 2014 or 1 July 2015 depending on the circumstances of the individual programme.
- Announcement - Whole-of-Government Advertising Tender
Finance is pleased to announce that Mitchell & Partners Australia Pty Ltd has been appointed as the Australian Government's master media agency for an initial period of four years from 1 July 2014.
- Commonwealth Low-Risk Grant Agreement Template
As part of the Australian Government's initiative to reduce red tape, the Department of Finance (Finance) has developed a whole-of-government grant agreement template, which should be used by agencies when entering into low-risk grants. The low-risk grant agreement template includes a standard set of just 20 terms and conditions (covered in two-pages). It seeks to improve and streamline low-risk grant arrangements by promoting consistency in grant agreements across government entities.
- Seeking proposals for joint private-public projects using big data
We are seeking proposals for projects that would increase the efficiency of government services or deliver service improvements. Proposals will initially be assessed on feasibility. Those that are feasible will be assessed on innovative use of data, benefit to the community and return on investment.
- Australian Government Grants News
Grants News is a Finance quarterly publication informing agencies about key activities involving Commonwealth grants administration.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements April 2016 (27/5/2016)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 30 April 2016 was a deficit of $38,983 million.
- Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Outlook 2016 (20/5/2016)
Release of the Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Outlook (PEFO).
- Department of Finance Portfolio Budget Statements 2016-2017 (3/5/2016)
Budget related paper No. 1.8
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements March 2016 (22/4/2016)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 31 March 2016 was a deficit of $39,909 million.
- Charter of Budget Honesty - Policy Costing Guidelines (15/4/2016)
Guidelines issued jointly by the Secretaries to the Treasury and the Department of Finance.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements February 2016 (24/3/2016)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 29 February 2016 was a deficit of $38,719 million.
- An Independent Parliamentary Entitlements System Review (23/3/2016)
The Report of the Review: An Independent Parliamentary Entitlements System has been provided to Government by the Review Committee and is now publicly available.
- Portfolio Budget Statements and Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements
a Finance Secretary Direction has been issued, setting requirements for performance information included in Portfolio Budget Statements.
- Australian Government ICT Trends Report 2014-15
- Government response to the Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit Report No. 449 - Recommendation 3 (1/3/2016)
Tabled in both Houses of Parliament on Tuesday, 23 February 2016.
- Australian Government General Government Sector Monthly Financial Statements January 2016 (26/2/2016)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 31 January 2016 was a deficit of $45,294 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements December 2015 (22/1/2016)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 31 December 2015 was a deficit of $35,488 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements November 2015 (18/12/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 30 November 2015 was a deficit of $27,585 million.
- 2015-16 Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements (16/12/2015)
The 2015-16 Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements guidance was issued on 14 December 2015.
- Australian Government Consolidated Financial Statements 2014-15 (11/12/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year was a deficit of $37,601 million.
- Parliamentarians' Entitlements Reporting (3/12/2015)
- Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements - Period 1 January to 30 June 2015
- Former Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements - Period 1 January to 30 June 2015
- Parliamentarians' Overseas Study Travel Reports - Period 1 January to 30 June 2015
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements October 2015 (20/11/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 31 October 2015 was a deficit of $25,882 million.
- The Independent Review of Whole-of-Government Internal Regulation (5/11/2015)
Ms Barbara Belcher’s independent review of internal regulation throughout the Australian Public Service.
- RMG-001 Commonwealth Resource Management Companion (3/11/2015)
Updated and streamlined for better readability
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements September 2015 (23/10/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 30 September 2015 was a deficit of $21,312 million.
- Department of Finance 2014–15 Annual Report (16/10/2015)
Finance's annual report for 2014–15 has been tabled in Parliament.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements July and August 2015 (16/10/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2015-16 financial year to 31 August 2015 was a deficit of $13,534 million.
- Resource Management Guides 415 and 420 released on 15 October 2015 (15/10/2015)
New guidance enacting the Government"s decisions in relation to the new process for introducing procurement and grants connected policies and mandating the Commonwealth Contracting Suite.
- Flipchart - Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (1/10/2015)
The PGPA Flipchart has been updated as at 30 September 2015.
- Department of Finance Corporate Plan 2015–16, for the 2015-16 to 2018-19 reporting periods (31/08/2015)
Finance has launched its first annual Corporate Plan under the Enhanced Commonwealth Performance Framework.