Comcover Risk Management
One of the key functions of Comcover is to support the achievement of greater transparency and accountability in the Australian Government's management of risks. The insurance coverage provided by Comcover is just one risk treatment strategy agencies can access through Comcover. It is the objective of Comcover's Risk Management Services team to offer many more.
Comcover's risk management program enables Fund Members to obtain the knowledge, skills and expertise that will help ensure the successful implementation and integration of risk management within their organisations.
To promote better practice risk management Comcover's risk management program provides both education and evaluation services which include:
- Benchmarking of enterprise wide risk management frameworks and program;
- Training and education, delivered through formal training programs, complimented by an extensive seminar and forum series;
- The annual Awards for Excellence program, recognising and rewarding agencies that demonstrate excellence in risk management;
- Online Communities of Practice, to allow collaboration across agencies within the Fund and to gain insights into better practice risk management; and
- Insurable Risk Profiling used to identify the insurable risk exposures of both individual agencies and the Fund as a whole.
On 12 June 2008, Comcover launched the Better Practice Guide – Risk Management at Comcover's Senior Executive Forum. This guide, developed in consultation with other Australian Government agencies, is the first in a range of initiatives that Comcover will be undertaking to promote better practice risk management across government.
Should you require any further assistance, please contact Comcover Member Services.
Contact for information on this page: Contact Comcover Member Services