Government Communications Links
Australian Government communications must comply with a number of guidelines.
- Guidelines on Information and Advertising Campaigns by Australian Government Departments and Agencies (March 2010); [ 38 KB]
- Guidelines on Information and Advertising Campaigns by Australian Government Departments and Agencies (March 2010); [ 171 KB]
In addition, Australian Government campaign managers should familiarise themselves with the:
- Australian Government Branding Guidelines [Design Guidelines ] from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet;
- Web Guide  from the Australian Government Information Management Office.
- Electoral Law Authorisation Guidelines issued by this Department which provide guidance on the authorisation and other requirements in the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918  that apply to advertisements, also Electoral Backgrounder No. 15 – Electoral Advertising  issued by the Australian Electoral Commission.
- APS Values and Code of Conduct in practice: A guide to official conduct for APS employees and agency heads: Sect 1.5 Involvement of public servants in public information and awareness initiatives  and Australian Public Service Commission Circular 2012/1: Revisions to the Commission's guidance on making public comment and participating online .
For specific advice on campaign advertising and branding requirements, you should contact the Communications Advice Branch.
Contact for information on this page: Communications Advice Branch