- Resource Management
- About the Department
- Advertising - Campaign and Non-Campaign
- Assurance Reviews and Risk Assessments
- Australian Government Investment Funds
- Central Budget Management System
- Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy
- Land, Property and Asset Management
- Parliamentary Services
- Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management
- Whole of Government Technology and Procurement
36. Budget estimates for Commonwealth entities
(1) The accountable authority of a Commonwealth entity must:
(a) prepare the budget estimates covering the entity’s activities for each reporting period for the entity, and for any other periods directed by the Finance Minister; and
(b) give the budget estimates to the Finance Secretary in accordance with any directions under subsection (3).
(2) The budget estimates must:
(a) fairly present the estimated financial impacts of the entity’s activities for the reporting period or other period; and
(b) comply with any directions under subsection (3); and
(c) be accompanied by any information relating to the budget estimates for the entity that is required by any direction under subsection (3).
(3) The Finance Secretary may give written directions to the accountable authority of a Commonwealth entity for the purposes referred to in paragraph (1)(b) or subsection (2).
(4) A direction made under subsection (3) is not a legislative instrument.
Last updated: 13 January 2016