Introduction to the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework
The Commonwealth Resource Management Framework governs how the Commonwealth public sector uses and manages public resources.
The cornerstone of the framework is the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act), which replaced the FMA Act and the CAC Act in July 2014.
The following resources provide an introduction to the framework and the duties of officials.
- RMG-001 Commonwealth Resource Management Framework Companion – provides an overview of the framework including the budget cycle
- Introduction to the PGPA Act (2 minutes)
- On-demand training – Session 1: Introduction to the PGPA Framework (2 hours)
- PGPA Act – Fundamentals for officials (2 hours)
Brochures and posters
- Online PGPA Act – which links each section of the Act to related guidance and glossary terms
- Online PGPA Rule – which links each section of the Rule to related guidance and glossary terms
- Associated instruments and policies – links to the rules and instruments made under the PGPA Act and the policies of the Australian Government that apply to the framework
- Glossary – of common resource management terms
- Resource Management Guidance – the consolidated list of guidance
- Training – links to other training resources including, procurement, risk management and fraud control
- Public Management Reform Agenda (PMRA) – learn about the ongoing agenda to modernise the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework
Last updated: 15 May 2017