100 Years of Commonwealth Car–With-Driver Services
In 2010 COMCAR celebrated 100 years of service to the Australian Government.
To mark this historic occasion and to acknowledge the thousands of men and women who have literally been the "wheels of government", the Department of Finance and Deregulation published "Going the Extra Mile - A History of the Commonwealth Car Service 1910 - 2010".
- Introduction [520KB]
- 1. A need to travel: 1901-1917 [ 333KB]
- 2. Between the wars: 1918-1929 [ 1MB]
- 3. Depression and war: 1929-1947 [484KB]
- 4. A new beginning: 1947-1958 [2.6MB]
- 5 Coming of age: 1958-1968 [1.2MB]
- 6. The prosperous years: 1968-1975 [566KB]
- 7. Change of direction: 1976-1982 [2.1MB]
- 8. A more commercial approach: 1983-1990 [2.5MB]
- 9. A new identity: 1990-1996 [901KB]
- 10. New entity: 1996-2001 [600KB]
- 11. Consolidation: 2001-2007 [1MB]
- 12. Towards the next century: 2007-2010 [576KB]
- Notes [1.2MB]
- Bibliography [6.8MB]
© Commonwealth of Australia 2010
This work is copyright. You may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form only (retaining this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your organisation. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, all other rights are reserved. Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of this publication are available through the Library Deposit Scheme Distribution Service.
Last updated: 01 November 2013