One of the core functions of the Office of Best Practice Regulation (OBPR) is to provide training to policy officers on the Regulatory Impact Analysis (RIA) framework. The OBPR's face-to-face training takes several forms: general seminars for officers in agencies; group training focused on specific agencies and one-on-one advice during the development of regulatory proposals such as the preparation of a Regulation Impact Statement. Details of the free training are provided below. In addition, the OBPR has a number of web-based training packages. Most of this training is currently in the form of PowerPoint presentations but there is ongoing development to create more sophisticated delivery models.
- General RIA training, which provides an introduction to RIA, will be held each month at the OBPR. Two-hour sessions will be held from 10 am – 12 noon (see box at right for upcoming dates).
- Comprehensive seminars are held quarterly at the OBPR (see box at right for upcoming dates) on all aspects of RIA including training on:
- preparing Regulation Impact Statements (RIS)
- undertaking Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- using the Business Cost Calculator (BCC).
- Specific training for portfolio agencies. The OBPR can come to your area to provide training at a mutually convenient time. Please contact the OBPR to arrange training.
- COAG Best Practice Regulation requirements training. Training targeted to Ministerial Council and National Standards Setting Body needs (Please contact the OBPR to arrange training).
The training sessions can be tailored depending on general demand. Please feel free to contact the OBPR with your specific training requirements.
|Telephone:||(02) 6215 1955|
- Best Practice Regulation: Regulatory Impact Analysis [ - 850 KB]
- Preparing a Regulation Impact Statement [ - 799 KB]
- Business Cost Calculator [ - 1.3 MB]
- Introduction to Cost-Benefit Analysis [ - 772 KB]
- COAG Regulatory Best Practice and Regulation Impact Statements [ - 880 KB]
Contact for information on this page: OBPR contacts page