Frequently Asked Questions

Can I ask the Contractor to invoice my department for services not yet performed?

No. The Deed does not allow the Contractor to invoice Participants for services not yet rendered.

Can I dispute an invoice that I think is incorrect?

Yes, however any amount on the invoice that is not in dispute should be paid.

Do I have to comply with AusTender reporting obligations under CPRs in relation to this Whole-of-Government arrangement?

Yes, if you are a Participant bound by the CPRs and the expenditure exceeds $10,000. Refer to the AusTender Reporting Advertising Guide for further information on AusTender reporting.

How can I reduce my advertising costs for recruitment advertisements and public notices?

The Contractor has introduced differential pricing for advertisements placed directly through its online portal. Recruitment advertising built by Participants using templates available via the online portal will more than halve the Fee for Service the Contractor would be entitled to, than if the Contractor built the advertisement for a Participant.

At what point am I committing funds?

Once a Participant has provided the Contractor with a signed MBA, this forms the ‘contract’ between the Participant and the Contractor, and the funds have been committed. Participants should ensure that the relevant internal approvals in place prior to this commitment. If a Participant withdraws an advertisement after a MBA has been approved and signed by the Participant, the Participant may be required to reimburse the Contractor for Fee for Service items.

What reports can the Contractor provide?

The Contractor can provide reports relating to expenditure and spot schedules. These reports will also be available through the online portal.

How do I get access to the online portal?

Participants will need to register for the online portal by contacting Dentsu Mitchell at to arrange access. There will be differing levels of access for Participants, depending on the requirement of each Participant registering. Internal approvals may be required for access to online ordering of advertisements, or access to reporting data.

Do I have to place all advertising through the Contractor?

Yes, if you are a Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act), all advertising must go through the Contractor. Corporate Commonwealth Entities under the PGPA Act are not mandated to place their advertising through the Contractor, however are encouraged to, to ensure value for money considerations.

I need to urgently book some advertising. Can I direct the Contractor to book this without a signed MBA?

No. Under the Deed, the Contractor cannot book or place any advertising without a signed MBA.

Back to top

Last updated: 15 February 2016