Who are we?
COMCAR is part of the Department of Finance, an Australian Government agency, which provides car-with-driver and other ground transport services to the Prime Minister, Governor‑General, members of parliament, judges and international guests of government. COMCAR has a national presence, with drivers located in each state and territory.
COMCAR has delivered services for major events including:
- Sydney Olympic Games (2000)
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum (2007)
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (2011)
- Group of Twenty (G20) Meetings (2013/2014)
A small contingency of our drivers are located in Hobart and Darwin.
What does a COMCAR driver do?
Our COMCAR drivers:
- provide car-with-driver service as directed, in a safe, courteous and efficient manner to all COMCAR clients.
- maintain a professional appearance at all times, including between driving duties.
- carry luggage, open vehicle doors and assist passengers as required.
- proactively maintain the vehicles cleanliness to ensure a high level of presentation to all clients.
- observe confidentiality protocols, discretion and business policies and procedures, including maintenance of accurate documentation.
- carry out vehicle clean, administrative and ad hoc depot duties as required.
Last updated: 10 June 2016